OneOC's Volunteer Infrastructure Program (VIP), in partnership with CalServes, administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service, is proud to offer AmeriCorps fellowship opportunities to nonprofits, organizations and public schools.
OneOC AmeriCorps Partner Sites will have the opportunity to host AmeriCorps Members who will help advance your mission through volunteer recruitment efforts and building volunteer capacity.
Since 1994, 1 million AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1.2 billion hours in service across America while tackling pressing problems and mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve. Locally, OneOC has hosted AmeriCorps programs since 2009.
Click below to view details
Partner Site Requirements
- Be a qualified nonprofit, education, or government organization.
- Be an active Member with OneOC.
- Commit to hosting an AmeriCorps Fellow for a full service term.
- Complete and submit application materials.
- Designate an onsite, full-time, paid supervisor with minimum 1 year supervisor experience to oversee your AmeriCorps Fellow. Supervisor must clear all criminal background checks (DOJ, FBI, & NSOPW).
- Must complete reporting requirements by timeline.
- Assist with the recruitment of your AmeriCorps Fellow.
- Provide required program fee.
Partner sites hosting OneOC AmeriCorps members, receive the following benefits:
- AmeriCorps Fellows serving full time positions for up to 1 year of service
- Stronger organizational capacity and infrastructure
- Increased volunteer engagement and support for your organization
- Increased resources through fundraising and business and community partnerships
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Partnering with OneOC to develop and mentor future, civic-minded leaders
OneOC is now accepting partner site applications to host an AmeriCorps Member for the 19-20 service term, from September 2019 – July 2020. Members will focus on building volunteer capacity with local nonprofits and educational organizations that serve high-need children, families and youth. OneOC provides member recruitment, screening, onboarding as well as ongoing training of all VIP members, as they develop and implement best practices that improve and expand new and existing volunteer programs.
The 2 Volunteer Infrastructure Program Options are:
(click below to view options)
VIP Startup: for nonprofits and government agencies - AmeriCorps members at VIP Startup sites work to grow the established agency’s volunteer program based on the agency’s needs and priorities as defined by the Volunteer Capacity Assessment.
VIP K-12: for K-12 schools, school districts, continuation high schools, and adult schools - Incorporating efficient volunteer systems into a school’s framework and culture is a unique challenge addressed by VIP K-12. VIP Fellows at VIP K-12 partner sites are connected with additional resources to build volunteer programs throughout the school environment, to include classroom volunteers, special presenters, parent involvement, and more.
Partner sites hosting OneOC AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Program (VIP) members, receive the following benefits:
- 1700-hour AmeriCorps member (Sept 2019-July 2020)
- 35-40 hours per week of AmeriCorps member support
- Recruitment and management of one-time and on-going volunteers
- In-kind and donation fundraising of $2,000+ by the AmeriCorps member
- Members offer additional support to increase volunteer capacity within the organization
- Deadline: Accepting application until filled
OneOC AmeriCorps Application Process:
Step 1: Make sure to sign and complete the following materials (click the links below to download):
- VIP Information Sheet and Application
- Supervisory Information Sheet
- Volunteer Capacity Assessment (Baseline)
Step 2: Please email ALL completed paperwork directly to Kimberly Harnish at kharnish@OneOC.org
Step 3: Submit your non-refundable $2,500 deposit to OneOC. Make checks payable to "OneOC," for credit card payments please contact Kimberly Harnish at kharnish@OneOC.org.